Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Something Different

I thought it would be cool to bring up particular posts from last year that I wrote around this time. To compare where I was and what I was going through. You're probably thinking, what's the point in doing that? Well remember the sankofa tattoo I got on my wrist?
Yes that one :) This symbolizes learning from the past and applying what you have learned to the future. Here is a post that I wrote last year on February 13th:
On February 15th 2011 I wrote a short quote that said:  

Contemplate.... 
Ignoring your feelings won't make them go away. -TS 

Then I posted this blog a few minutes later : Fallen http://intoxicatingluv.blogspot.com/2011/02/to-be-free-sometimes-is-to-let-tears.html 

Yes it is safe to say I was hurt, because I was. I remember going back and deleting a few posts after the fact, because I did not want to re live the issue. The quote above resonates loudly to me; "Ignoring your feeling won't make them go away." But guess what? I buried them. And some way, some how, they resurfaced. Again. Oh if only I could listen to the "great" advice that everyone thinks I give, my world would be perfect. So whats different about this time around? Well with the resurfacing of an old issue I can honestly say that my past feelings were valid. One, because a very similar issue occurred again and two, I still feel the same hurt that I felt the year before. This year I won't let it upset me. I took the hurt from the past and learned from it. Ignoring my feelings will not make them go away. Having to deal with hurtful people will not go away. Although the way I react to you...well that will.

No comments:

Post a Comment